Our experts advise on all relevant procedures of real estate law, including civil, administrative, financial and tax issues.
The clientele of our Firm includes individual owners, institutional and private investors, general contractors, developers, financial institutions and foreign nationals wishing to acquire real estate in Switzerland.
We advise our clients on all relevant areas of rights in rem, including the negotiation of public deeds (acquisitions, easements, land charges, etc.) and represent them in front civil courts in disputes of neighbours’ rights as well as contractual disputes (structural defects, warranties, etc.).
We specialize in the following subject areas:
- real estate transactions (asset transfers, disposal of share capital, lease back arrangements)
- real estate development projects (feasibility analysis in terms of land-use, building, and environmental planning)
- advice on real estate financing
- negotiating and drafting contracts with architects, engineers, developers, and general or all-inclusive contractors
- commercial, residential and farm leases
- acquisition of real estate by persons abroad (Lex Koller)
- aspects related to secondary residences
- neighbours’ rights and co-ownership law (especially condominiums)
- rights in rem and actions for rectification of an entry in the land register
- statutory liens (of tradesmen, building contractors and co-owners)
Our lawyers specialising in construction law and land planning advise our clients on building permits, planning, environmental law, and issues of expropriation and statutory rights of first refusal.
We also participate in non-contentious administrative proceedings, formulating observations in the process of adopting site plans, municipal master plans, district development plans, and real estate inventory procedures
Our lawyers specializing in leasehold law benefit from vast experience in their field. We advise our clients, whether landlords, tenants, private or institutional owners, on every aspect of rental and commercial leasehold law (including farm leases) and represent them before the country’s competent courts.
We offer our services in various areas of leasehold law:
- assistance during lease negotiations
- drafting and reviewing lease agreements
- disputing unilateral modifications of the lease agreement (rent increases, termination, etc.)
- eviction procedures
- representation before the competent jurisdictions
No matter your activity in the real estate market, it is important to benefit from tailor-made advice. Borel & Barbey will place its team at your disposal to guide you in this constantly changing environment. Whether you are an investor, lender, developer or property owner, you are familiar with the challenges of the market and would like to benefit from expert advice from people who understand your needs.
We take advantage of well-established experience and know-how to help you succeed in all your real estate projects and undertakings.
Whether you need advice on project financing, acquisition and sale, development, construction or investment, or you need the services of an expert advisor to settle a real property lawsuit, our team of professionals is ready to help you succeed.